Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The chronicles of the lawn

At the end of June I was hoping by this time to be down to less than once a week with mowing. Hasn't happened - we had some dry weather in July but it's been a pleasantly wet August so have been mowing once a week - should mow tonight but have Bible study, yesterday was wet, Monday was sick. It's getting away from me this week. Hopefully will not rain tomorrow so I can get at it.

Have not had complete victory over the flower beds either. Only one section really looks bad but I don't think any of it is weed free. What should happen is have a clean sweep of it in the spring, and then only have to do it 6 weeks later, and then once more. My mom has not been weeding this summer as she has been in previous years. I don't know if this is a fluke or if this is the energy level we can expect from her in the future. It is definitely an adjustment as your parents get older. Life changes - glad to know God doesn't.

1 comment:

  1. We desperately need rain! We fertilized the lawn last Friday, and so we need it to rain to drive the fertilizer into the ground, but it's just not happening. So I'm keeping the kids off of the lawn 'cause I don't want them to walk through that stuff. Very annoying!

    ReplyDelete