Friday, May 15, 2009

Oh dear it's been a while.

I've been on Facebook now for a month or two - since then I've seen 3 old friends. Someone told the story that their daughter asked "how did you make friends before the internet?" I thought that was pretty funny. You did it face to face -real life.

I haven't decided how much I enjoy facebook - is it just distracting me? Is it adding to my life? Should I write to all my friend? Sometimes I get wrapped up in how many friends I have and is that respectable.

But it's improved my real life social life. Go figure.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting questions...some I've thought about, others I haven't. Have to say that I'm thankful for it. Thanks to facebook, I was reunited with my best friend from high school. She and I hadn't spoken in 20 years because we lost contact with each other in the days of letter writing. It's been such a blessing to have her in my life again.

    The question of how many friends you have is interesting as well. I know some people that have hundreds of friends and others that have just a few. I, personally, don't need hundreds of people knowing that I went to see Star Trek (it was amazing btw), so I keep my list down to a minimum...problem is just when I think my list is complete, another friend crops up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to find your old friend.

    Friends (and relatives) do crop up. You're right - everybody doesn't need to know everything. I've got quite a few folks I met through the campus ministry so I feel "responsible" about the thing. Not really a bad thing.

    Gotta see that Star Trek movie.

    ReplyDelete