Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday

I found out my brother is coming home from Iraq today - for good. He's been there for about a year and a half, with a trip home in the middle, but now he'll be stationed in Kansas. I know you can get hurt anywhere, but I figure if you are living where folks don't run around with automatic rifles your chances increase dramatically.

He is in Kuwait at the moment. What a relief. I feel like I had divine assurances that he would be ok, but it is still a relief.

My mom is going to drive to Kansas, where his next station is and where he'll be flying into. My mom is a bit nervous, but she will be fine. I have absolutely no doubt that she can do it. Since dad died she has had to refind her way so her confidence is a little shaky, but she can do it.

3 comments:

  1. Hurray! I'm glad he's coming back! Your mom will be fine. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today?! That's so great!! Awesome!

    Hmmm, Kansas...it's gotta be a lot calmer in Kansas!

    The excitement that your mom must feel must be palpable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you posted this yesterday, so he must be in the USA...exciting :)

    ReplyDelete