Thursday, April 9, 2009

end of the day

Maunday Thursday and the work week is almost over.

I had my last mole taken off on Tuesday. This past fall a spot on my arm turned out to be malignant melanoma. I found out it's the worst kind of skin cancer. Fortunately I caught it super early and the melanoma itself turned out to be almost a non-event... but a shadow on my chest xray led to a CT scan which led to an ultrasound of my thyroid, all of which proved I'm in good health. I wonder if they'd done all that if I didn't have health insurance.

So, then came a dermatologist visit and that led to having 4 moles removed. So far 2 were precancerous. In case you're wondering, it was a red spot with a white circle around it on my upper right arm, unlike the moles that were removed, which just didn't have defined edges and were various shades of brown.

That's enough of that - get your moles checked out and wear sunblock!

No comments:

Post a Comment