Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Monarch of the Glen

Monarch of the Glen is on the Tv - we get the dvds from the Library. It's about a clan family in Scotland working to keep their land and traditions intact. It's great - it's worth it just to see the scenery.

Pretty much everything I watch now is from dvds. Not much on TV appeals to me. When you think of shows like MASH, the Cosby Show, Family Ties, Magnum PI, can you think of anything on now that compares?

One upside is that I watch PBS a lot more. I've learned about Einstein, fractal antennas, am a lot more familiar with Charles Dickens than I've ever been. We don't have cable. I lived a couple of years without TV and wouldn't mind repeating the experience. With the internet I wonder if it would even phase me.

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit, I spend most evening on the computer or reading, and not in front of the TV! Usually PBS ends up being on if we do end up on the couch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christa- you are my favorite cousin of all time - thanks for the comments.

    I get home from work and am so tired, I just give up and watch tv, then get up to do other stuff - or at least I should. Reading or computer sounds like less of a time waster

    ReplyDelete